On the 28th of June, we went to Rockingham Motor Speedway for our first race of the season. We’d just finished improving our car, we’d added a new throttle, a paddle style lever. A new , more aerodynamic back and added new gears. We were ready. It was a 4 am start but the races quickly started. On the grid, we were all excited to see our new and improved car in action. It started. We started well and we were on our way but then towards the end of race 1 we got rear ended by another competitor. This ended our race 1. Our brand new back, fresh from the paint shop, smashed and falling apart. Luckily we had gaffa tape to spare and called for an emergency surgery. The gaffa tape enabled us to continue into race 2 which proved a bit slow due to our handicap.