Ready to leave the Box
On the Grid
Box this lap
Great professional photos from spacesuit
Splash of colour
Waiting for the cake
Waiting for scrutineering
Our best races to date, with improved aero package and new electronic mapping giving us 4 mph extra speed.
Cold and windy, but we love this circuit. Race 1 Gave us great hope as we appeared to have power left in the batteries at the end of the race and even completed an extra lap after the chequered flag.
Race 2, we changed the gear ratio to give us more speed and it did improve our lap times But it proved too much and we used all the power one corner short of the chequered flag and only completed the exact same milage as race one so we had found our V max.
A great chance to test the car and drivers and gain valuable data. Good lap times and reliability.
Since the days have started getting longer again we decided now, just before race season, would be the best time to test our car in race conditions. We took our car out at 6:45pm onto the tennis courts at our school and practised driving and driver changes. Recently, there has been an increase in members so this was some relaxed conditions to practise driving. After each driver, we practised our driver changers and achieved a full pit stop in just under 30 seconds. The team can’t wait for race season to begin and we’re all excited to start our new 2018 model.
For the past few weeks, our team has produced a rolling road. The reason for this is to test our car for 90 minutes to simulate a race. This will aid us to improve our car and make time to create a new 2018 car. We left the car to run for as long as possible and collected some data while it was running however in the end we ran the car for 1 hour but it lasted the full time. The data we have collected for this has informed us that the electronics is fully working therefore we will now be able to race in full conditions and compete while we create a new car.
Slightly frustrating race weekend after fixing the speed controller the car seemed to have good pace in practice and both races. But it appeared to that the batteries ran out and the car was recovered to the paddock where the batteries seemed fine and the car returned to the track to do more fast laps before battery problems striking again only to find they were fine?
Back at the workshop we methodically checked all the connections and found a broken contact in the main isolation switch so new one fitted.
we are making a rolling road to run a race distance simulation.
For the first race of the school year we went to the Dunsfold Aerodrome, this happens to be the Top Gear track! When we arrived, the place was buzzing and everyone was excited. Before we left the pits we had found a fault with the car, but our friends at Rotary Racer helped and we were able to continue getting ready. We finally bolted the car together and got out to race. In the first race we lasted 15 minutes before the car stopped. We spent the rest of the race trying our best to fix the car so we could drive in race two. Race two was our best race yet, we were only 20 seconds behind the winning car! At one point we were 14th. We had to end the race early but, we were all happy with the result because we came 25th out of 35th. We’re all really proud and can’t wait for Castle Combe next week.
On the 28th of June, we went to Rockingham Motor Speedway for our first race of the season. We’d just finished improving our car, we’d added a new throttle, a paddle style lever. A new , more aerodynamic back and added new gears. We were ready. It was a 4 am start but the races quickly started. On the grid, we were all excited to see our new and improved car in action. It started. We started well and we were on our way but then towards the end of race 1 we got rear ended by another competitor. This ended our race 1. Our brand new back, fresh from the paint shop, smashed and falling apart. Luckily we had gaffa tape to spare and called for an emergency surgery. The gaffa tape enabled us to continue into race 2 which proved a bit slow due to our handicap.